Mommy's Letter to William Ethan Morgan

My dear sweet baby Will,

I loved you before you were even conceived.  I will never forget the moment I knew you were growing in my belly.  I was singing and dancing and could not wait to share the news.  I thanked God for you every day and focused on loving every moment that we had to share.  My heart grew over the past 10 months to allow me to experience a love that I never knew possible.  Each day my love for God grew because of the miracle he allowed us to share.  I had more love for your father who cared for the two of us with more dedication and concern than I had ever seen.  I had more love for you who brought more joy into my life than I ever knew possible.  Yes the past 10 months have been the best 10 months of my life.

I know that you are with God today.  I may not understand his plan but I do know that if he needed someone full of love he choose the right boy to help him.  Your daddy and I love you so dearly but that is just the beginning.  You have grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, and even perfect strangers who have been moved by your journey.  You, my sweet precious William, have in your short little life been loved more than many who have very long lives.  You have inspired so many of us to be better people and to make the most of the lives and our physical health that we sometimes take for granted.   We are so very proud of you.

I am your mommy and you are my son - the son that I prayed for and loved while you were here on earth.  I know that I will long to have you in my arms until the day I see you in heaven.  Until then, I must accept that you are with God in a much better place.   As hard as we tried to keep you to ourselves it looks like God too knew that you were an amazing person even before you were born.

Daddy and I will always love you.  

Hugs and Kisses,

Mommy

Monday, July 21, 2008

Belated Birthday Update

We are so sorry it has been a whole week since we have given an update. I will begin by saying that everything is still going well. Matt and I had wonderful birthdays. Thank you all for your Happy wishes. I have to highlight our fabulous host family again :-) On Matthew's birthday, I had mentioned that it would be great if they could join us for singing and cake that night.

I knew it would make it special and hopefully (as many of you know) make up for my inability to sing. That night when we arrived home our host family had decorated the house with streamers and balloons. No matter what I try to do to express how special this is I just can not capture the joy that fills our host family's home.

I know that Will benefits from every moment he spends in this home being loved by this family. Only three weeks ago we were strangers and now I certainty believe that they will be in our life forever. We are better people just by knowing this family.

This weekend we had visitors and really enjoyed spending time with friends. Matt took the below photos from the weekend.... I will not give you all of the details but I will share that we finally had had a Philly Cheese Steak (so incredible), visited the famous "Rocky" steps (yes Will made it to the top), viewed the Liberty Bell, and enjoyed more water ice :-) There are still some things we would like to do in Philadelphia but we actually did a tremendous amount this weekend.



Will continues to be an over achiever and receives a 10 every time we go to the hospital. Today the nurse conducting his ultra-sound actually warned us that we are going to need to request information on the gifted courses offered when he begins school. She is continually impressed with his ability to perform both breathing and physical exercises on demand. We are 36 weeks and one day today :-) We will hit another milestone at 37 weeks. Most of our family is planning to arrive at 39 weeks when it is probable that they will induce. The hard part is knowing that little Will will arrive on his schedule. The great news is that he is looking more and more ready to face the battle that lies ahead. His progress is astonishing. We hope he stays in my belly as long as possible. It is such a reassuring feeling knowing that he is in the comfort and security of my womb.

Thank you all so much for your support. We are not very good at responding to the wonderful emails and comments of encouragement but each and every note and call is more meaningful than you will every know. Matt and I cherish you all and are continually overwhelmed by the love and prayers you are sending our way. I honestly feel like we experience a miracle every day and I know it is in response to your prayers. Please know that our gratitude it hard to capture in words but if you were here we would also have a huge hug to accompany our sincere appreciation.

No comments: